Joze

Joze

Monday, January 10, 2011

Kyoto, Kiyomizu Temple

So decided to go for a walk around town and ended up going up the hill and found Kiyomizu Temple. From this place you can see all of Kyoto spread out below you, the streets going up and down from this temple are pretty awesome as they are all very traditional looking. Once I reached the top the view was alot better than I thought it would be, mainly cause it didn't feel that big a hill that I had walked up. Walking around the top and seeing the view I saw a booth selling tickets to get inside this huge temple, so I paid my 300 yen and went inside.
Big building like this still amaze me because they are all made out of wood and are still so huge.
Was only out for half the day and even though everything was close was still a good 3 hour walk.

Oh and the futons here are AMAZING and comfy <3 futons
That reminds me I have to remember to take pics of food cause food is culture to! thanks to that person who reminded me =)

 Street walking up to the temple




 inside the temple



1 comment: