Joze

Joze

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Kyoto

2 posts in 1 day! cause it's cold here and I was lazy!

I left Tokyo at 11:15pm on a chilly night not to cold but enough for a jacket. Getting on the night bus it was super warm and cozy, found my seat and sat down getting ready for the 7 hour drive to Kyoto.
After 3 hours ride the bus stopped for a break and a drink did this again 3 hours later before arriving in Kyoto, the 1st stop I had my jacket off and thought I would be fine sneaking out to get a drink and go to the loo. After being outside for no more than 3 min I was frezzing, it was probably close to 0 that night.
Now once I arrived in Kyoto at 6:15am I woke up and was all warm and cozy and just had my jacket in my arms, walking down the stairs of the bus  I walked into snow never felt so COLD in a very long time. After this I managed to find my way to the bus stop and find a bus that was near my new home for 6 more days in Kyoto.

Had a wonderful sleep on a futon that night and woke up early to go for a walk around Kyoto. This place is sooo much better than Tokyo it doesn't have any huge tall buildings its all very small and spread out with lots of traditional house everywhere. It felt less rushed here and walking around was alot easier here and more fun even if it was snowing and a little bit cold lol.
 Not very good at taking close shots with a moving bus lol
 This was the morning I arrived
 This is the biggest river in Kyoto
 Bird on a rock in the river
 Random shop
 statues inside the shrine
 Shrine
 Nice house in a street in Kyoto
 This is the oldest Temple in Kyoto
more shots around the temple

No comments:

Post a Comment